Primary Duties and Responsibilities: As a screen printing machine operator, your duties and responsibilities are to setup the press, monitor production, adjust the machine to meet specific client specifications, and inspect the finished products to ensure they meet specifications. Before beginning any job, you review the designs/work orders and inspect the equipment to ensure it is in working order. If there are any issues with the press, the operator must be able to fix it. The primary responsibility of the Silk Screen Press Operator is to perform the duties involved in screen printing. These duties include preparing screen printing stencils, cleaning machine, maintaining screen printing equipment and trouble shoot mechanical issues.
· Operator will be using automatic press machine.
· Printing with repeatable results, anticipating, recognizing and fixing possible issues with ink and press.
· Verify and follow all information on the job ticket before printing including ink color matching and verification.
· Quality checks throughout the run.
· Must be able to stand for 8 hours or more.
· Verify the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and breaking down for the next job.
· Embark on the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen stretching, screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing.
· Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
· Attaches squeegee to pneumatic drive mechanism, using wrench, and connects air line to mechanism.
· Regulates air pressure and manipulates squeegee to adjust pressure and angle of sweep.
· Applies printing compound to screen, using spatula or brush.
· Places work piece in or on holding fixture, presses button to lower screen, and depresses pedal or pushes button to activate squeegee.
· Observes silk screen and work piece to detect printing defects caused by ripped screen and applies glue to rip to repair screen.
· Cleans silk screen, using brush and solvent.
· May thin printing compound, using specified thinner and tend firing oven to dry printed work piece.
· May transfer image of original artwork to screen, using vacuum printer and sharpen squeegee on sanding machine
· May be designated according to type of machine tended as Decorating-Machine Tender; Squeegee-Machine Tender; or Stenciling-Machine Tender.
3 years experience in offset printing operations and prep work.
High School Diploma or GED.
Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
Good communication and problem solving skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Job ID: 256040418