Job ID: 224207478
5 - 10 years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(including but not limited to)
- Communicate with Logistics, Customer Service and Sales staff to ensure realistic deadlines are scheduled and met
- Continually look for ways to improve the efficiency of the department
- Work with Customer Service and Sales staff to insure a smooth work flow
- Keep department current with software, hardware, equipment and practices
- Inform management of any equipment problems or needs of the department
- Promote department goals and lead team members to meeting these goals
- Utilize PrintSmith reports to organize and track work.
- Be aware of all jobs currently in the department.
- Aim to meet all due dates and deadlines. Understand the amount of work that a job willrequire once it leaves the Pre-Press department, and work to make the next department’sjob easier.
- Balance managing of department with the requirement to continue to be a member ofthe production team
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgrade of the computers and networks (Information Technology)
- Preflight client supplied files and make necessary adjustments to ready for print and digital reproduction.
- Works closely with press and customer service teams to resolve technical questions or to implement client changes.
- Process the more complex jobs (flyers, brochures, one-offs, diecutting, perfing, etc).
- Check for accuracy of JT, customer files and printability of files.
- Troubleshoot any problems or issues with customer files
- Send PDF or Hi-Res proofs to customer
- Inspect Hi-Res proofs for accuracy
- Provide information and assistance to customers as needed
- Create gangruns
- Inspect VPS proofs for jobs imposed by others
- Send plates to platesetters
- Load supplies into printers when needed
- Load plates into platesetters when needed
- Keep workstation clean
- Provide general maintenance for platesetters (clear jams, cleaning rollers, etc.)
- Secondary person to clean gumming units (processors)
- In conjunction with pressroom staff, maintain the cleanliness of the plateroom and sink area.
- Inspect plates for proper sensor marks, cut marks, etc. Verify all color separations are plated.
- High School Diploma or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Macintosh computers as well as electronic publishing systems.
- Must have 5+ years of prepress experience in a printing/management environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
Must be able to work in all current industry software including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), Quark Xpress, Freehand, Kodak-Creo Prinergy, Enfocus Pitstop, and PrintSmith